Recently, I was given an award from Linda at http://naturerestoresme.wordpress.com – The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I am touched that Linda thought of me – she is a good friend and wonderful person that I’ve had the fortune of meeting in person more than once – we happen to live 20 minutes or so from each other. Linda is a great nature photographer – something I aspire to be. She has a knack of catching the right shot at opportune moments. From flowers to birds to everything nature, Linda has captured it and shared her talents with us.
I have met some wonderful people in the blogging world, either in-person or online. Linda, April, Mark, Rose, Caroline, and more. Blogging has truly made a difference in my life and opened my eyes to the world’s wonders. I am very thankful to WordPress and all associated with it.
The rules for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your winners in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Present seven interesting things about yourself.
Here are 7 odd things about moi:
Seven interesting things about myself:
1) I am a citizen of the United States and was at birth, but I was born in Dublin, Ireland. My father was teaching at Trinity College in Dublin when I came around.
2) I am not a picky eater at all, but can’t stand beets!
3) I do some things right handed (write, throw a baseball), but some left handed (coil a rope, shoot a rifle, use a keypad mouse on my laptop). When I played little league some years ago, I would bat from both sides.
4) In Chicago-land, one is either a Cubs fan (north side) or a White Sox fan (south side) and never the twain shall meet. I am a Chicago sports fan and am not particular to either side of town.
5) I am the default eulogy writer and giver for friends and family. Linda helped me with a difficult one last year for a young man.
6) My first big job was as a home furnishings manager at one of the Marshall Field store chain.
7) My taste in music is very diverse. I’ve seen 100 or so major rock concerts, but enjoy classical as well. I’ve seen wonderful performances by the CSO, Eagles, Rolling Stones, and many more!
Thank you, Linda. Very much. 🙂