Listed below are several free software programs and comparable off-the-shelf versions. Each free program is well-tested and proper for a home business that wants to save money on common software programs.
– Open Office – a substitute for the classic Microsoft Office package
– GIMP – an image manipulation program, similar to Adobe Photoshop
– Picasa – is an image organizer and image viewer for organizing and editing digital photos
– Snipping Tool – available for Windows XP and later operating system versions and used to capture screen shots, manipulate, and annotate. Compare to Snag It.
(this sunrise photo is free from MorgueFile)
– CutePDF – is a PDF writer, similar to Adobe Acrobat. Files are saved in PDF format and opened by Adobe Reader.
– Apple iTunes – Manage your music, and movie libraries on your PC, iPod, iPad or Mac
This is a great way to spend little but get a lot of features. Most are user-friendly, stable, and suitable for a home business. Many other free packages are on the Internet, but I have personal experience with this list and feel comfortable recommending these programs.
By Dion D. Shaw
Dion D. Shaw is the founder and owner of Homepreneurs
Homepreneurs. New Day. New Opportunity.
Homepreneurs does not endorse nor have any relationships with any of the services listed. Homepreneurs receives no compensation or consideration for its suggestions. Homepreneurs strongly urges all interested parties to conduct research and accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred.
© Homepreneurs 2010 – 2013, All Rights Reserved