Blogs are used for business, pleasure, opinions or stream of thought. Homepreneurs is a blog hosted by WordPress.com with close to 400 articles or blog postings available to help you plan and run a home or small business. Homepreneurs believes that an Internet presence – blog or website – is key to marketing, branding, and sales efforts. Eventually, a true website is planned to make navigation easier and logical for our readers.
A blog is easier to start and keep running of the options mentioned. In many cases – WordPress and Blogger are two – blog hosts are free and simple to set up. More is involved however, if one wishes to either make money or create an information source with a blog.
As a professional blogger, Garish Wasil shares some of his favorite tips to help novice or inexperienced bloggers get started.
Blogging Tips: Top 7 Blogging Tips
By Garish Wasil
Starting a blog can be a fun experience, but you want more than that. You want to make money with your blog too. There are many things you can do with your blog to help you get more traffic and make more sales, and I’ve listed 7 blogging tips here just to get you started.
1. Post lots of content, and do it often. For one thing, readers like to read blogs that have fresh content published regularly. It’s hard for a reader to get into following you if you only post once in a great while. They don’t have to be monster posts, they just need to be timely and relevant. Also keep in mind that search engines also like to see you publish fresh content often.
2. Put your longtail keywords in your post titles so that people searching those words on a search engine will find your post. It’s nice to have as many people as possible read your posts since you’ve gone to all the work to write and post them – so think of your current readers as well as what you need to do to bring in some organic traffic.
3. Before you even put together a blog post, decide what you want the outcome of that post to be. Is it to promote an affiliate product or your own product? Is it meant to stir up a little controversy so that you get lots of comments and it goes viral? Is it to establish yourself as THE expert? Is it to leak some information and prime the pump before your product launch? You can give solid, valuable information in your post as well as have it point in the direction you want your readers to go next.
4. Keep your blog design pleasing to the eye and structure it so the person coming to your blog isn’t confused as to what he or she should do. What do you want them to do? Read your post then subscribe or buy something? Read your post, laugh at your wit, then go away? Don’t read your post, just click on the AdSense? Whatever you want them to do, don’t have your blog layout so confusing they don’t know where to turn next.
5. Use PLR to help you post more often. A PLR article might give you a spark of an idea for a blog post or you might take some PLR and lightly rewrite it to add your own personality. Either way, it can help you take action and get you publishing your blog on a regular basis.
6. Learn from other great bloggers how to blog. There is always something to learn, whether you’ve been blogging a short while or a long time. Subscribe to the best blogs, listen to what they have to say, and analyze everything about those blogs so you can make yours better.
7. Find out which WP plugins will make your blog friendlier to the search engines as well as to people. Readers like plugins like Comment Luv because it means if they leave a comment on your blog, their last blog post link will show under their comment. This encourages more comments, which is a good thing.
These are some of my favorite blogging tips. There is always more you can do with your blog to make it better, even if you’ve been blogging for years. So keep on learning, testing, tweaking, and posting.
Garish Wasil is a professional blogger and internet marketer. He blogs at his blogging tips blog vast9 and prefers Blog Mastermind to all to become a successful blogger and internet marketer. Every passionate blogger should checkout this.