I am very fortunate to have a beautiful and hard-working step-daughter. Kate works a full-time job, raises small children, and recently started her own side business: KTCakes . Kate has a talent for creating delicious and unique cakes and decided to start a business with the tagline “Homemade Cakes for any Occasion.” Only a couple weeks old, she already has multiple orders and hasn’t spent any money on marketing. Kate used these basic marketing ideas:
1) A free Facebook page to display her products
2) Ordered free business cards from VistaPrint
3) Gave family and friends a quantity of these cards to hand out
4) Is making a cake for a charity raffle in return for some free p.r.
5) Made a cake for the manager of a local restaurant
Five simple, basic marketing steps, and KTCakes already has orders. Here are some examples of her work:
Yes, you can start a business for very little money. A little creativity, some original thinking, and all the free resources you can find. Well, what are you waiting for – get started – TODAY!
If you live in N Illinois, search for KTCakes on Facebook. They deliver too!